START HERE - Try searching a friend, relative, celebrity, yourself or someone else you might know..
Hays County Arrest Records
The changing nature of the world had made it almost a requirement for a business owner, or a parent, or even for a neighbor, to be aware of the past of the person whom they interact with at a daily basis. For example, a business owner should be aware of the past of a person whom he is considering taking in on his business. Of course, nothing would defeat years of interaction with each other in order to know the past of a person, but sometimes, this just is not feasible because the time frame requirement that must be taken into consideration. It is during these cases that records such as Hays County Arrest Records are most helpful, for these records contain information that would be of much assistance in the cases mentioned above as they detail the past of the person to whom these records refer to.
Arrest records are public records and in this regard, there are two things that must be taken into consideration if arrest records would be used as a source of information. The first of these is the fact that as public records, any person could access the record. There are minimal security requirements and procedure that must be followed by the person making the request, but these are minimal and could easily be met. The second is the fact that as public records, the contents of the records are generally accepted to be accurate and authentic, meaning that the person who claims that the information contained within the record is false now has the burden of proving the same, generally by presenting other record that would contradict the information contained within the first.
Arrest records, as public records, are available from the office of the county clerk. As the primary recorder within the borders of the county, the county clerk generally has copies of all records made within the county. To request for an arrest record, or any public record, from the county clerk, the searcher would first have to request permission from the county clerk to view the archives. This must be done in person, thus, the requirement that the searcher should be at the actual physical location of the archives. Once permission has been given, the searcher would be allowed access to the archives to do the actual search, and at this stage, it is suggested that the searcher request for the assistance of a member of the staff to help with the search. Once the record that the searcher is interested in has been located, copies of the same would be made at a rate of one dollar per page of the record, plus an additional two dollars per record for the certification of the same. Note that certification is not required and that not every person has an arrest record.
A faster search may be affected through the World Wide Web with the use of online databases. Although most are unaffiliated with the government, these databases provide the same information as the various government offices where records could be located. The difference is that these databases provide their records at a faster and more efficient manner, with most not even charging anything for the use of their databases.
Hays County Jail Records
The procedure below is for requests at the office of the county clerk
- Head over to the office of the county clerk
- Request permission from the clerk to look into the archives.
- Once permission has been given, request for assistance from a member of the staff.
- Once access to the archives has been given, you and your assistant may search the archives for the record.
- Once you have located the record, bring the same to the desk of a record keeper and request that copies of the same be made for you.
- The records keeper would note the number of pages of the document and the number of copies that you are requesting for, and note the same at an order form that the record keeper would then give to you.
- Head over to the cashier to pay the required fee as indicated in the work order.
- Return to the archives and the record keeper to claim your copy after paying the required fee and present the receipt as your proof of payment.
Other pertinent information may be accessed through the following links