START HERE - Try searching a friend, relative, celebrity, yourself or someone else you might know..
Lafayette County arrest records can be procured through either the Florida Department of Law Enforcement or through the county Sheriff’s Office. Such agencies will be glad to serve you Monday through Friday from 8:00am to 5:00pm, excluding holidays. The fee needed to process an arrest record in Lafayette county is $24. This fee is in accordance to the rule imposed by Florida’s legislature regarding public record requests.
According to the Sunshine State’s statute, all entreaties for public records in the state of Florida are subject to a $24 payment regardless of what type of public record is appealed for. Public archives include vital records, court decrees, and criminal history information. The state’s government has tapped several agencies to be responsible for the keeping of such crucial registers. For instance, criminal history documents are housed in the Division of Criminal Justice Information Services, particularly in the Law Enforcement Department thereby making it the central storehouse for such registers in the state of Florida.
When requesting for an arrest record in Lafayette county, Florida, it is very vital to give out accurate information as possible. Providing the correct details and whereabouts of the person whose shady past you want to unleash is imperative as search results are based on the details you submit. In case the arrest record you requested is not found, you will be given a statement certifying that the Florida Department of Law Enforcement has not located the record you appealed for. Unfortunately, the money you paid will no longer be refunded as it retains to be payment search.
To process your requests, you can place your order through mail or in person at any of these offices. However, the processing time for each method may vary and may exceed the usual five business days processing since it depends on the volume of requests these agencies receive at the time you file your entreaty for a particular arrest record. Doing it in person may also be inconvenient as you need to take some time off work or school just to fall in line to process your entreaty.
For an expedited transaction, hiring the service of an online record provider is certainly a brilliant idea. Because it is done over the web, it is surely fast and hassle-free. All you need is a computer and an Internet connection handy and you are good to go. Plus, you can expect the results to be delivered to you in no time at a minimal cost to no fee at all.
Lafayette County County Jail Records
To obtain an arrest record in Lafayette County, you can follow these steps:
- Download the application form from the Florida Department of Law Enforcement’s website.
- Fill out the form with all the significant details necessary about the individual whose background you want to scrutinize.
- Send the $24 payment together with the completed form either to the Law Enforcement Department of to the Sheriff’s Office.
- Wait for 5 business days for your arrest record request to be processed.
Should you wish to conduct a criminal background investigation in Lafayette County, you can make use of these resources below:
- Lafayette County Sheriff’s Office
- Lafayette County Arrests and Warrants Search
- Lafayette County Public Records Directory
- Lafayette Clerk of Court and Comptroller
- Lafayette County Jail Inmate Search
- Florida Department of Law Enforcement
- Florida Department of Corrections
- Florida Circuit Courts
- Department of Justice
- Florida Public Records Directory