START HERE - Try searching a friend, relative, celebrity, yourself or someone else you might know..
Background investigations are common in the US. They are done to suss out and discover the mystery of an individual’s shady past. In the exploit of digging into the criminal background of a certain person in question, records are utilized. Criminal history information, among other records, are commonly used because they contain crucial and serious cases such as felonies.
In Florida, these records are housed in the Florida Department of Law Enforcement. This department is operated and maintained by the Division of Criminal Justice Information Services which is a statewide agency providing aid to the Sunshine State’s criminal justice system through criminal investigations, computerized criminal justice information, and forensic laboratory services. As emphasized by the state’s Public Records Law, all public records, including records on arrests and criminal convictions, are accessible by any member of the state in need.
To provide the general public with statewide based details on arrest records, several agencies are tapped by the Florida government to maintain files of arrests and assist individuals who need such information. Visiting or calling the county Sheriff’s Office is one of the most traditional ways of getting a hold of such documents. In Nassau County, these registers are accessible through the Nassau County Sheriff’s Office. In conducting a background check in Nassau County, you can also visit the Florida Department of Law Enforcement as it is the central repository for all criminal and arrest records in the state.
The process of doing a background check using arrest records in Nassau County begins by filing a request at any of these offices. To process your entreaty through the Department of Law Enforcement, you need to secure an application form for Nassau County arrest records. This can be downloaded online from their website. The form must be completed with the individual’s full name, any known aliases, date of birth, last known address, and social security number if available. The completed form must be submitted to the department along with the $24 processing fee. Such fee is non-refundable regardless if the record you appealed for is not found. The processing time for such record search takes roughly five business days to complete.
To file a request at the Sheriff’s Office, it is important that you are fully aware whether or not you have an existing warrant or arrest record. Because if you do have and you choose to process your entreaty in person, you might end up arrested unless you hire a defense attorney first. Thus, it is better to file your entreaty via mail or phone to be safe. Or you can start any arrest record search by investigating online. Not only it is safe, but also it is quick and hassle-free.
Nassau County County Jail Records
To get a hold of Nassau County arrest registers, please follow the steps below:
- To file an entreaty, you have to secure an application form first. This form can be downloaded from the state’s Department of Law Enforcement’s online portal.
- Fill out the form in its entirety with the information asked. See to it that you submit correct details as possible to locate the record easier.
- Send the $24 payment for the record request through check or money order made payable to the Florida Department of Law Enforcement.
- Once done, you can submit the completed form together with your payment to the Department of Law Enforcement.
To give you more information on how to conduct criminal background investigations in Nassau County using arrest records, you can visit the following links:
- Nassau County Sheriff’s Office
- Nassau County Arrests and Warrants Search
- Nassau County Public Records Directory
- Nassau Clerk of Court
- Nassau County Jail Inmate Search
- Florida Department of Law Enforcement
- Florida Department of Corrections
- Florida Circuit Courts
- Department of Justice
- Florida Public Records Directory